Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Finally!!!

After several months of tackling Cervantes' Don Quixote, I have finally completed it. Wow! What a book! Adventuresome, difficult, complex, exciting, boring, vicious, romantic, slapstick humorous, you name it. I walked into this book only knowing about Don Quixote's crazy attack on the 'giant' windmills, I finished the book having learned MUCH, MUCH more. It certainly is a difficult work but quite rewarding, too. If you are considering reading this book, take it in small 'bites'.

I'm following a classical curriculum approach to reading the great classics. It recommends that you read each classic not just once but three times through. You look for different things each time you read it. So, it's taken me about 4 months to read through Don Quixote the first time, hopefully, the second and third times will go much, much quicker. I'm wondering if Don Quixote and his zany cast of characters do anything 'different' this time around. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google