Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Musings on the abode

Nothing like home shopping from afar!

We've been perusing real estate sites all over the DC megalopolis and aren't finding many prospects.

Now I'm leaning toward purchasing some postage stamp lot some place and perhaps building a Glide House on it. Not sure if the style would go well with very traditionally themed East Coast sentiments but the house seems to be what I'm looking for. Minimalistic, clean lines and functional with a focus on blending with the environment. Now if we could only find some land that's affordable that would serve well for a home like this!!!

As for other musings--we've continued our 'get back in shape' program. We're trying to make it a habit to run to the local 'monster' playground about a mile-1.5 miles away from home. Once there, we run around the lake a couple of times and then the kids get their 'free-for-all' time on the playground. I found a pull-up bar just the right height for adults and I've challenged myself by doing a pull-up each time we're there and then increasing the number of pull-ups in the sequence by one each return trip. Yesterday I did 3 in row! Then another 3 individually afterwards. It's sad! There once was a time when I could do dozens of pull-ups & now I'm scrambling to do just a few. :( Of course, I probably weigh about 60-80 pounds more than when I could do dozens (that was my little girl monkey gymnast phase). In college while I was swimming competitively I could do about a dozen or so (probably 25 pounds away from where I am today)--so my 3 in a row is a bit embarrassing now. Anyways, a few more visits to the playground and hopefully I can get back to that level sometime again. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google