Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Monday, April 25, 2005


Plate twirlers...

Another interesting feature of the acrobatic show. Of course, our picture doesn't do it justice. These are just a few of the plate twirlers. Actually during the big part of this scene, there were a couple dozen plate twirler/contortionists twirling plates in all sorts of poses and balancing acts. It was awesome!

One thing I noticed. The first evening we saw the show, we did not see a single mistake. It was so perfect that I started to doubt how 'realistic' the events really were. On our subsequent performance, a couple of the artists made mistakes. One lady even dropped her plates. I thought that was really neat because it proved to me how difficult the feats were and that it was legitimate. I only think the few mistakes we saw on our second show really added to our experience--showing us how difficult the various feats were. I'm doubly amazed!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google