Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

S.E. Asia...

Here we come!!!
...
In a few hours we'll be traveling to Thailand and eventually Cambodia for several days. Unfortunately, we can't locate any clues to existing letterboxes in either of those countries (although there are quite a few letterboxes in neighboring countries such as Singapore, Indonesia, and Vietnam); we'll have to resort to cacheboxing again. So, we'll blaze the way and change that poor letterbox 'statistic' for Thailand and Cambodia--hoping future letterboxers will add new boxes to the region when/if they visit.
...
As for our letterbox 'themes': sort of went with the 'cliched' images for the area--a Thai-ger for Thailand and an elephant for Cambodia. Ran out of time to finish the peacock feather at the bottom of the picture before we depart but I'll work on that on the road. Bringing along tracing paper, pencils, carving medium and my trusty speedball gouge for any other 'inspiration' that hits along the way. Hey, this is probably my 2nd or 3rd time carving on the orange PZ-Kut and it worked well. DMS can't blame me for taking his Grade A, White PZ-Kut last week--at least as far as this photo's concerned (& the fact that I've been out of the country for the past 3 weeks may help my alibi, too!) ;)
...
See you on the flip side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

So how many countries have you been able to tag with 'first planted letterbox'? I've got four to my name, but I think you might have me beat. I might have to cover some more countries in Central and South America that are still boxless! =)

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google