Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Segway, segue...


I totally forgot this in our account of yesterday's activities. When we were walking through the jumble of Koreans enjoying the festivities surrounding their World Cup National Football Team's first match of World Cup 2006--we were passed by a man riding a Segway scooter!!! Now, I've seen those things on the internet and on television--especially when they revealed the super-secret patent to the public but hadn't yet seen one in person! It was awesome! I'm guessing the million $ price tag has dropped substantially to the point where a 20-something man is riding one around in Seoul without a security detail? ;)
...
Just ran a Segway Price search on Amazon and found a new-like used one for $3,500. Wow!
...
I really considered chasing the man down to see if he'd just let us try it out for a spin but my better judgement got the best of me. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google