Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Monday, April 18, 2005

China Prep

We depart for Xi'an, China in a little over 36 hours. Now, we're wrestling with the dilemma of what to bring, what to omit, what clothes should we take, what 'trade trinkets' to pack, etc. I'm scrambling through book after book on China, hoping to get a good background on Xi'an and Beijing before we arrive. Just today I read much of and scanned all else of "The Travels of Marco Polo" looking for any info I could glean from Xi'an and Beijing. It turned out to be a good memory jog for 13th Century history from the region. I will definitely read it in depth after we return home. Til then, I've got more reading & packing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google