Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

little box for a big wall...


Great Wall Letterbox

Here's my attempt at the little bitty Great Wall. It's hard to squeeze so much detail into an itty, bitty stamp. The size of this box is about 2"x1.5"x1". The logbook is about 25% of one of those tiny notebooks from IKEA--if you can imagine that! I'm basing my selection of micro-box on the fact that many geocaches throughout China have gone missing and are now simply virtual caches. I'm hoping the smaller the box, the less likely that they'll walk away. I even made a little label for it in Chinese (similar to the ones I did in Hangul for our Korean boxes). Of course, with my luck, my translation of:

... Letter .... Box
...Hobby .... Game
...Please .... Don't .... Remove
www.letterboxing.org

probably translates into something like--

message container enjoyment pleasure
please feed to your pet's content
mailbox group

Hopefully, we'll find a safe & unique home for it in the Beijing environs--else in the shadow of the really big wall, itself.

Regardless, ni hao!

See you on the flip side.

Unless, of course, we find internet access somewhere along the Chinese superhighway.

dvn2r ckr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google