Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Thursday, June 16, 2005

In Up To My Eyeballs...

Yesterday I started my 'graduate level' course (read full Master's Degree) that I must complete for work by 30 Sep. Normally, folks are given 3 years to complete this course but due to circumstances beyond my control--I'm in a sink or swim situation and I've been given very limited time to 'knock it out' (i.e. from now to Sep). My alternative option is much scarier than my current prospect of diving head first into panic mode--so I've decided to jump into the 'known' abyss in lieu of jumping into an 'unknown' abyss and try to beat the suspense. My 'counselor' said she's heard of others who have finished the entire course in 4 months (yes, a Master's in 4 months)--so I'm taking her 'challenge' to heart and will try to beat this record she quoted to me. ;)

I completed part 1 (minus the exam which will arrive in the mail shortly) in 2 days. Now, I'm starting part 2 and have several papers, case studies and other 'not so interesting' requirements to knock out in warp speed. Ugh... Hopefully, this will go quickly and I'll get into a good self-paced 'student' study rhythm where I can knock out big chunks of requirements in spurts around my family, work and life commitments. It'll be such a nice feeling to have this major hurdle finished and out of the way.

Yes, I didn't get the trail name 'Adventure Seeker' for just any reason! Chaos and unknown adventures reign supreme in my everyday life, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google