Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Almost finished...

It's been a while. A LONG while since I last posted. I've been involved in attempting to complete a major work related suspense. It's a course I have to complete to ensure I'm eligible for future promotions and that I can stay in my job to the point I'll be eligible to receive a pension. It's a 3 year long correspondence course that in essence I'm trying to complete in 2 months. Of course, the 3 year aspect comes from it being a phased course that involves four hour classes each week and one weekend a month for at minimum 2 of those 3 years. Then the other phases are completed in 2 week 'stints' around those two 'full' years. Well, I got caught in the turmoil caused by the 'powers-that-be' desiring to modify the course. In essence, they're completely overhauling the course effective this next year and anybody who is enrolled in the previous course (regardless of how long they'd been in it) has been given the suspense to either complete it by a certain date or start over with the 'new' course. Was I going to repeat some of the work I'd already done on the course? No way! So, my originally planned 'relaxing' summer grew into the 'bummer summer' of all time. 6 weeks and 18 tests, 4 papers, 1 extended project later--I'm 2 exams away from having submitted all the requirements for this course. Of course, it hasn't been very fun. Mostly 18 hour days of straight studying with breaks to eat and sleep. Ugh! So, this has been the reason why I haven't posted anything in a while. I will post photos of a recent trip we took to Boise once I complete the course and can actually spend some 'thinking' time on it. Until then, pray that what I've submitted satisfies the requirements and that I won't have to 'revisit' any of the tasks. ;)

Til then--hopefully I'll complete this very soon,

dvn2r ckr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google