Mis-adventures of a Letterboxer-Errant

"A letterboxer errant without trail entanglements would be
like a tree without leaves or fruit, or a body without a soul"

(dvn2r ckr c. 2005)

Oh the places we will go! Dr Seuss

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, VA, United States

a little kernel of a chaos manager for three children & a small amoeba of the US govt

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Finished, I hope...

At last.....insert Ella Fitzgerald's famous lyrics here!

Then, insert Ella's lyrics from one of my favorite songs, Summertime, here!

Because that's what I finally get to experience now, albeit briefly as Pacific Northwest summers are short and sweet.

Early yesterday morning I completed my final exam on the 'big project' that turned this season into my 'bummer summer'. Since then, I've done my best to play 'catch up' and experience a little bit of summer while the sun is still shining before the 'big rains' come.

In a 50-day span minus a 4 day business trip to Boise and a handful of 'work days' at the office I drudged my way through 20 exams, 4 papers and 1 major project consisting of 8 hefty sub-components. Now, I'm waiting with bated breath for my results--hoping and praying that I won't have to 'resubmit' any of the suspenses.

Well, once I put the exams into the envelope and applied the postage stamps--I was off to the beach to splash around in Puget Sound's icy waters. Then, we trudged our way back up the hill to settle into finishing "The Seagull's Laughter" (a dramatic icelandic film about an empowered women) and then "Whale Rider". Nothing like two cool-themed movies to help deal with the dog days of summer! ;)

Today, it was back to the beach for another round of splashing around in the icy water and we'll cap off the evening with the movie "My House in Umbria". Whew, so I do get to experience a little bit of summer. I was starting to feel like the girl in Ray Bradbury's "All Summer in a Day" and I was the one locked in the closet. :( Fortunately, at least, until I learn I may have to resubmit some parts, I'll get to experience a little bit of summer before the fall appears.

Enjoy the summer, y'all! I'll post pictures and notes about our recent trip out to Boise shortly. We visited one of the most beautiful spots in the world--and nobody seems to know about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google